Over President's Day weekend Steve and I flew into St. Louis so we could spend a few days with Melanie, Heather, and her family. We had a great time. It was sooooooo cold. Temperatures were in the 20's, but we had lots of fun building snowmen and having a snowball fight. We spent time shopping for Kyra's birthday presents at our favorite store, "Kohl's." We went to church, and I was once again shocked at how many women go to Relief Society in Heather's ward. I think there were at least 50 sisters in attendance. We don't have anything close to that in our little ward here in Vegas. Heather planned a fun Valentine's Day dinner and party. I also got to see where Melanie works in Jeff City. Tuesday morning everything fun came to a screeching halt because Heather had her tonsils removed. The surgery went well and finally Heather's frequent episodes of strep will soon be a distant memory. It's been a long ten years; they should have come out much sooner. Now, she just needs six weeks to recover. Ugh!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
A Quick Trip to Missouri
Over President's Day weekend Steve and I flew into St. Louis so we could spend a few days with Melanie, Heather, and her family. We had a great time. It was sooooooo cold. Temperatures were in the 20's, but we had lots of fun building snowmen and having a snowball fight. We spent time shopping for Kyra's birthday presents at our favorite store, "Kohl's." We went to church, and I was once again shocked at how many women go to Relief Society in Heather's ward. I think there were at least 50 sisters in attendance. We don't have anything close to that in our little ward here in Vegas. Heather planned a fun Valentine's Day dinner and party. I also got to see where Melanie works in Jeff City. Tuesday morning everything fun came to a screeching halt because Heather had her tonsils removed. The surgery went well and finally Heather's frequent episodes of strep will soon be a distant memory. It's been a long ten years; they should have come out much sooner. Now, she just needs six weeks to recover. Ugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't believe all the snow!
What a fun trip! I didn't know Heather was having surgery - yuck.
Oh wow it looks so cold. The valentines party looks like fun. You are Steve are so lucky that you are able to go and visit them as often as you do.
Post a Comment