My summer was fabulous, but now it is time for me to start shifting gears. A week from today I head back to Sierra Vista High School, home of the mountain lion. This will be my 26th year of teaching school in the Clark County School District. I have to admit that at this very moment I wish I could turn the clock back a few months and vacation in Hawaii again. My mom always used to tell me that you could tell if you had had a good vacation if you wanted to go back another time. Well, I do wish I could turn time back so things must have been good for me this summer. As I shift gears and focus on lesson plans and the myriad of other responsibilities I will soon face, I am actually glad I have a job and that it is one I take pride in and feel a sense of accomplishment. Here's to a great school year for me as well as my grandchildren or anyone else who has to wake up to an alarm to be to school on time.

1 comment:
Good luck in your new school year. Sierra Vista is lucky to have such a great teacher!
Post a Comment