For the long holiday weekend, Steve and I went to St. Louis to be with Chad, Heather, Kyra, Skye & Dane. I didn't feel bad at all about missing a staff development day plus a regular day of school in order to extend our trip making it a five-night vacation. We left Las Vegas Wednesday night, and we returned Monday afternoon which was Halloween. The girls didn't understand why we had to leave before trick-or-treating Halloween night, but responsibilities in Vegas were beckoning us home.
As luck would have it, the St. Louis Cardinals were in the World Series Playoffs in St. Louis for Game 6 and 7 playing against the Texas Rangers. Although we didn't go to either game nor the victory parade and ceremony that followed a few days later, we were totally engulfed in "Cardinal" spirit. It was completely fun to see an entire city support their team by wearing red Cardinal gear throughout our five-day stay. At stake conference one of the speakers even mentioned the Cardinals and recited a small chant.
Besides enjoying baseball and "Freese" who is now my favorite baseball player, I was able to get all of my Christmas shopping done for Heather and her family. I felt happy about that accomplishment!
We also enjoyed four different parks, two lunches out, stake conference on Sunday, a Halloween party at Kyra and Skye's school, and a Halloween party at church. It is always fun to be in Missouri and especially fun to be with family. I definitely don't feel like I get to see them often enough, so thank you, Nevada, for celebrating its birth on Halloween giving me many more days to travel in spite of it being a school week.
| On our first full day in St. Louis we picked up Kyra & Skye a few hours early from school so we could go shopping. Claymont is the name of their school. |
| After leaving school we headed for a cupcake store where we enjoyed yummy cupcakes that were decorated for the fall season. |
| Next we went to Shoe Carnival where I was determined to find a pair of boots. The girls had fun trying on high heels while they patiently waited for me to finish my shopping goal. |
| St. Louis is a beautiful place especially in the fall. We enjoyed wandering through Bluebird Park after spending a few hours shopping at a nearby store. |
| Leaves, leaves, and more leaves (Bluebird Park) |
| Our sweet grandchildren enjoying Margaret Stoecker Park after spending time shopping |
| After Stake Conference and Sunday dinner, we headed to Central Park. It was a cool, brisk evening. The kids had fun throwing their football in the water and then chasing after it further downstream. |
| Chad, Dane, and Kyra were brave enough to walk along this cement barrier. The clouds were so beautiful making a really pretty reflection in the water right before sunset. |
| That's one big hand! |
| Steve and I had a plane to catch Monday afternoon. Saying good-bye is hard to do, but I always have in the back of my mind when my next trip will be! |
| Kyra's 3rd Grade School Picture Eight Years Old |
| Skye's Kindergarten School Picture Five Years Old |
| Dane's Preschool Picture Four Years Old |
No comments:
Post a Comment