Last night Julie, Natalie, Heather Jones and Jeri Ellsworth ran a half marathon at Red Rock Canyon. Steve and I rode a bus for spectators to the finish line. It was a nice, cool evening with a full moon. It was rather nice feeling a cool breeze compared to the hot temperatures we've experienced all summer long here in Las Vegas. We waited at the finish line for a few hours watching runners come in patiently looking for our group.
I guess our runners stayed together for the first few miles and then each ran at their own pace. Natalie came in first at about two hours and 35 minutes. Jeri was behind her a few minutes. Then Julie came in slightly under three hours. Steve and I took the bus back to Vegas at 11:00, so I didn't see Heather cross the finish line. They were all excited to finish. We were proud of their efforts. Julie ran a half marathon near Yellowstone National Park a few years back with Sheldon. She wanted to beat her time which she did. Julie is planning on running a marathon near Boulder City in December and then the one they've been training for comes up in January in Orlando, Florida.
 |
| Natalie |
 |
| Steve & Natalie |
 |
| Julie |
 |
| Natalie and Jeri |
 |
| Julie |
 |
| Jeri, Natalie, and Julie |
 |
| Jeri, Natalie, and Julie |
1 comment:
Way to go ladies!!!
Post a Comment