Sunday, October 21, 2012

Primary

In April I was called to be the Primary President in my ward.  It had been years since I had a calling to serve in the Primary organization.  In fact, the last time I served in Primary was probably about 1986-1987.  The reason I remember the year is because it was at that time I started teaching school.  Julie was five, and Natalie was three. I was the Laurelwood Primary President when I began my teaching career.  I found myself very busy juggling all my responsibilities.  I managed to serve as president for about a year after I started teaching school and then was released.

Now, close to 27 years later, I find myself back in Primary.  It has been busy as one would expect and somewhat complicated trying to manage my emotions when I think about my own grandchildren and the significant part I hoped Primary would play in all of their lives.

Today was the annual Sacrament Meeting presentation.  Although I did not think it was going to go well, I was wrong.  All of the teachers showed up as well as all the children that I expected.  We had a great turnout as far as the audience goes as well.  The theme of this year's sharing time and presentation was Choose The Right.  It turned out as well as I could have hoped inspite of my obvious lack of experience and my less-than-soaring spirit.  In preparation for the program, we had a Friday afternoon practice.  After the practice we had pizza, Capri Suns, and sugar cookies.  Many thanks to all who had anything to do with making this year a success. I know it was definitely a team effort.

Our Program

Nursery

Sister Daza
The Sunbeams

Sister Gressmen
CTR 4

Brother and Sister Simpson
CTR 5

Sister Clark
CTR 6

Sister Dymon
CTR 7

Sister Jenkins
Valiant 8/9

Brother and Sister Graven
Valiant 10/11

2 comments:

Amy said...

I heard it was great! Those kiddos are lucky to have you!

Alli Waldron said...

You are doing a fantastic job! Thanks for everything!