Steve, Cali, and I flew into St. Louis and spent a week with Heather and her family. It was a fantastic week. It went by much too fast. When we were waiting outside for Steve to get our car rental at the airport, Cali and I both noticed how different it felt in Missouri. We could really feel the moisture right away.
Last October I promised Kyra and Skye that the next time I visited them I would bring Cali too. It turned out to be a great decision. The cousins played and played nonstop the entire time we were there. I don't think they quarreled once. Cali did exactly what I asked. She was a good traveling partner for us.
Last October I promised Kyra and Skye that the next time I visited them I would bring Cali too. It turned out to be a great decision. The cousins played and played nonstop the entire time we were there. I don't think they quarreled once. Cali did exactly what I asked. She was a good traveling partner for us.
The week was full of family fun. We went shopping and had lunch at the American Girl store near Heather's home. We enjoyed bowling, and we went to a movie called "Despicable Me." We enjoyed countless trips to the aquatic center in Baldwin which is very near Chesterfield where Heather and Chad live. Both Baldwin and Chesterfield are suburbs of St. Louis. The aquatic center reminded me of Wet n Wild here in Las Vegas with tubes, diving boards, a rock wall, a tree rope swing, lap swimming, and a lazy river. There was a section for little children which Trey totally loved.
Since Cali's birthday was coming up in a week, Heather planned a fun party for her. We all got assignments. I was in charge of the paper products. Cali wanted a Hello Kitty party, so off we went to the party store to get all the items. Chad grilled hamburgers. We played water games outside and got totally drenched. Of course, the party included presents. Steve and I gave her a new backpack for school and a cover-up for the swimming pool. Heather and family all gave Cali several new tops, a pink Hello Kitty purse, a pink stuffed pig, and a few other items that I can't remember right now.
During the week the children all played outside for hours jumping on the trampoline, playing on the swing set, and running in the yard. On one occasion Cali asked Heather if she could run in the field. Heather then asked if Cali meant if she could run in the back yard. Cali said, "That's not a back yard. That's a field." It was very cute and made us all laugh. The back yard is very, very large, so I understand why Cali said what she said.
On our last full day we went to a nature center called Powder Valley. We ate lunch outside and went on a short hike on one of the trails. The center reminded me of the Runge Center in Jefferson City that we've enjoyed on many occasions in Missouri. The week was fantastic, and I can hardly wait to go back!
2 comments:
How awesome that you took Cali with you! I bet the kiddos,just loved that!
That was just fun! i am so glad that you came and brought Cali! it was an awesome week!!!
-Kyra :)
Post a Comment