Ashton Thomas Ellsworth was born on Friday, April 10, 2009, at approximately 9:00 p.m. in Las Vegas, Nevada. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz and was 19.5 inches tall. He came two weeks early when Steve and I were in Oregon for spring break. When I got the first text message that Natalie was in labor at 6:00 p.m., we were 2.5 hours from Portland on the coast. I never would have made it to the hospital even if I had headed for the airport at that very instant. My guess was right; he came quickly.
Melanie was with Natalie the whole time and was able to witness up close and personal the delivery of a baby. This surely will be something that will further bond the two girls together forever. What a sweet and special experience to treasure. Steve and I came home Sunday which was the day Natalie and Ashton were released from the hospital. We visited immediately at their apartment. On Monday we celebrated a late Easter with Natalie, Thomas, Cali, Ashton, Joe, and Melanie. I made a lasagne dinner, and we had Easter baskets and an egg hunt just for Cali. The next day which was Tuesday, Natalie came over again with the kids, and we enjoyed another afternoon and dinner together. I am so happy!! Steve and I are now the proud grandparents of three granddaughters and two grandsons. Life doesn't get any better than this.
2 comments:
I was sad for your when I heard that you weren't able to be there for the delivery. But what a cool experience for Melanie and Natalie to share! Ashton is adorabe :)
You must have ben so bummed to miss the delivery. Congratulations on being a grandma again!!!
Post a Comment