This year we celebrated Mom's 88 birthday in conjunction with our sister weekend in Las Vegas with everyone staying at my house. Noticeably absent, I thought, was Barbara. It's hard to believe that she's been gone a year now. Even so, all of us that remain were in good spirits and enjoyed three wonderful days together catching up on what's been happening in each others' lives and making new memories to cherish forever. I am so blessed to have wonderful sisters. Because of Mom's poor health this year, we toned down our usual fast-action days, but good times still abounded. We enjoyed a pedicure and manicure, shopping and more shopping, dinners out, tea/lunch at a fun little quaint restaurant, model home browsing, and a combined birthday/baby shower party for Mom and Natalie. Becky surprised us all with matching Brighton bracelets. The girls' said "Sisters" and Mom's said "Mother." When the weekend was over, they all gave me a thank you gift. It was a cute lightweight blue and white sweater plus another white knit pull-over top. I am already looking forward to our trip next year!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Anderson Sister Weekend
This year we celebrated Mom's 88 birthday in conjunction with our sister weekend in Las Vegas with everyone staying at my house. Noticeably absent, I thought, was Barbara. It's hard to believe that she's been gone a year now. Even so, all of us that remain were in good spirits and enjoyed three wonderful days together catching up on what's been happening in each others' lives and making new memories to cherish forever. I am so blessed to have wonderful sisters. Because of Mom's poor health this year, we toned down our usual fast-action days, but good times still abounded. We enjoyed a pedicure and manicure, shopping and more shopping, dinners out, tea/lunch at a fun little quaint restaurant, model home browsing, and a combined birthday/baby shower party for Mom and Natalie. Becky surprised us all with matching Brighton bracelets. The girls' said "Sisters" and Mom's said "Mother." When the weekend was over, they all gave me a thank you gift. It was a cute lightweight blue and white sweater plus another white knit pull-over top. I am already looking forward to our trip next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Look at how cute you all are! I know that my mom had a blast, as usual, with everyone!
Looks like a lot of fun! I didn't know you guys went to Benihana's. That place is yummy! You look beautiful mom.
It looks like you guys had a great time. I absolutely love the Brighton bracelets. Maybe someday my sisters and I can do that ...
I loved spending time with everyone. Gayle, thanks for planning such a great weekend.
Post a Comment