Today Julie and Natalie competed in Iron Girl held at Lake Las Vegas near Henderson, Nevada. Both successfully finished which means they swam a half mile, biked 14 miles, and ran for 3.2 miles. It was fun to see them participate in this race together. It was a rather cool, windy day. I guess that caused the water in the lake to be a bit rough. The girls said on the bike ride and run there were places on the trail that were harder than others because of the wind pushing against them. The girls had to be at the lake at 5:30 a.m. We arrived at 6:30 a.m. which seemed very early for a Saturday morning. However, I am very glad we were able to be spectators. As before when Melanie and Natalie competed in previous races, it was a lot of fun being outside and watching all the athletes. I wouldn't have missed it. Way to go girls--here's to good health and being strong!
2 comments:
Way to go girls! That is so awesome :)
Thanks for being there to document it. Sheldon didn't take one single picture. Iron girl was quite an experience.
Post a Comment