I am as bad as my students when it comes to counting days when school is over and summer begins. I think everybody gets tired and needs a summer vacation including the teachers. Anyway, finally school ended Friday and summer began. I am proud to say that I just finished my 25th year of teaching. I plan to retire sometime within the next four years, but meanwhile I needed to celebrate the end of the 2010-2011 school year. Since Steve is in Hawaii and unavailable, I invited Sheldon, Julie, and Jace to my celebration. As soon as I was finished checking out at school on Friday morning, we headed for The Cracked Egg for a delicious breakfast. Jace then needed a nap; so when he was rested, we went to The Shark's Reef at the Mandalay Bay Hotel on the Strip. We enjoyed the day's festivities, and I for one was glad that the last school bell had finally rung.
1 comment:
We had a lot of fun. Thanks for taking us!!! I'm so glad you have the summer off to relax and enjoy your must deserved time off.
Post a Comment