Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Anderson Sisters Go to CA

I just returned from a four-day trip with my sisters to Simi Valley, California.  Becky was the hostess, and everything was wonderful.  Linda and I drove from LV to Becky's house on Friday morning.  Karen and Pam both flew.  By Friday afternoon we all had gathered at Becky's home, and it felt good to be together again.  Becky planned a variety of activities, and it all was fun.  I am looking forward to many more annual trips where we can reconnect and enjoy making new memories.

Our first evening together
enjoying a lasagne dinner


Even cleaning up after dinner is
fun when we are altogether.

Saturday morning we played tennis.

Linda created a way for all of us to play;
we had four people on the court all the time with one
person sitting out.  When one team had three
points, everyone rotated to the left and new
teams were formed.

We went to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
I have always wanted to stop, but this is the
first time I've actually been inside.

Posing with Ronnie and Nancy
at the Reagan Presidential Library

This is one of the planes Reagan used while he was
president of the US.  It's called Air Force One.  It was huge and
shiney,but it seemed old and not so modern compared to
today's aircrafts

Posing as we entered the plane for a walkthrough
of Reagan's presidential aircraft

We went to BJ's for an early dinner after
touring the Reagan Presidential Library.  Yummy food!

After dinner we headed to a play that was nearby

The play was excellent.  All of the actors including
the young children had incredibly good voices.

The next day we spent about three hours in the pool
at Becky's.  She heated the pool so it felt like
bath water.

It wouldn't feel like a sister weekend
without a shopping trip.

After shopping we had dinner at the
Cheesecake Factory.  We definitely didn't
go hungry this weekend.

The cheesecake was soooo delicious.

Monday we enjoyed an ice cream treat at a local
restaurant.  We didn't go hungry or lack
for sweets on this trip.

Monday we went golfing on a 9-hole course.  Because
most of us weren't very experienced at golfing, we played
best ball.  That made the game go faster, and it
was much easier for those of us who lacked any
true golfing skill.

Here we are on the golf course trying to catch some
shade before proceeding onto the next hole.

We toured four model homes at a very expensive
location near Becky's house.  The homes cost well over a
million and a half each.  My sisters were busy
taking pics for future reference as they
decorate their own homes.

We decided to sit and rest inside one of the model homes
while we caught our breath before proceeding.
Another trip has come and gone with my sisters.  It was wonderful to see each of them.  We had lots of chances to visit which is probably the best part about being together.  I think we've all decided that it doesn't really matter where we are or what activities we're participating in as long as we can be together somewhere.  This year I had seriously thought about staying home, but I'm glad I went.  It's good to have a sister and it's even better to have multiple sisters!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love that you guys do this! My favorite is the model home touring tradition!