Thursday, June 7, 2012

Celebrations

When I got home from school on June 5th which was Jace's third birthday, I found beautiful flowers on the kitchen island.  They were for Julie from Melanie, Heather, and Natalie.  The girls have always been good friends in addition to being sisters.  I am glad their devotion to each other continues as they grow older. 

On the kitchen table there was a big box that Julie had unwrapped.  It was from a perfect stranger that had heard of Julie's loss.  She sent a beautiful frame with a tender message on it along with a church book and a clear glass vase.  The card indicated that every time Julie had a remembrance of Jace she should put a penny in the jar.  I don't think it will take too long to fill the jar up! 

After I looked at Julie's flowers and gifts, I took her to Panera Bread.  We enjoyed some quiet time together and shared stories of Jace.  We took a picture of Sheldon when he was a baby to the store for framing.  Julie is giving Carol the baby picture back as a late Mother's Day present.  Julie and I went to several stores to buy some of the things she wanted for the SLC trip we will go on this weekend where we will be remembering Jace at the cemetery.

When Julie and I got home from shopping, Heather Jones came over with a chocolate cupcake with green icing.  Jace's favorite!  Heather also brought a drawing that one of her boys made depicting "Angry Birds."  That was a favorite game of Jace's on Julie's Nook. 

The messages on Facebook were numerous and many prayers were said that Julie would be able to go through this birthday with peace and love in her heart for the sweet memories of her little boy.  Our house felt peaceful and loving memories of Jace were shared.  God heard our prayers.

Chad, Heather, Kyra, Skye, and Dane had a party remembering Jace also on June 5th.  Because they can't be in SLC this Saturday for the remembrance that Julie has planned, they created their own remembrance.  Their party looked like what I have envisioned for SLC on Saturday.  I think it is very sweet of them to send pictures and to keep the memories of Jace flowing.

Flowers from Julie's sisters and
a cupcake and drawing from Heather Jones
and her sons

Gifts from a stranger who also lost her
husband a few years ago

Skye, Kyra, and Dane making cupcakes

Heather, Skye, Kyra, and Dane
having McDonald's chicken fingers, fries,
and orange drink. (Jace's favorites)

A pirate-themed party
(exactly what Jace wanted for his third birthday)

Kyra, Skye, and Dane
looking like pirates with those patches

Jace loved his trampoline.
It seems fitting that his cousins bounced on
their trampoline to remember Jace.

Jace loved trains.  Playing trains was a great
way to end a remembrance party honoring Jace.

No comments: