Christmas Eve and Christmas morning were very quiet at the Galler household this year. This is the first time that Steve and I were alone for most of the holiday. It seemed different but nice.
 |
Steve and I enjoyed a yummy steak dinner for
Christmas Eve. It was quite delicious! |
 |
Here's another view of our table from a different angle
on Christmas Eve. |
 |
After dinner and dishes were completed, Steve and I
enjoyed listening to this beautiful story narrated by
Walter Cronkite. It has always been a favorite
Christmas story of ours. We also watched a movie
called "Mr. Krueger's Christmas" with
Jimmy Stewart and music by the Mormon
Tabernacle Choir. |
 |
After listening to our story and watching our movie, we
opened our scriptures to Luke 2 and read the
story of Christ's birth. The older I get the more I
realize just important His birth was to mankind. |
 |
We opened one gift together on
Christmas Eve. I prodded Steve to
open the picture he's holding above. I
have wanted it for some time as it reminds
me that Christ is next to me at all times
even if I don't always recognize that fact.
The picture is entitled "The Road to Emmaus"
inspired by the story from the New Testament
in Luke about two men who are walking to
Emmaus after the crucifixion of Jesus. |
 |
Christmas morning Steve and I unwrapped our gifts.
Both of us received Lenovo laptops.
We are very excited about them. |
 |
About 12:30 on Christmas Day we headed
for Summerlin Hospital to visit our sweet
grandsons who are still in the Special Care
Nursery. We dressed them in the little
sleepers pictured above and waited for Santa
to arrive for more pictures. |
 |
| We couldn't be prouder as grandparents! |
 |
| Aren't they precious? |
 |
Santa finally arrived, and we were able to
snap a few photos before he left to visit
some of the other children in the hospital. |
 |
The nurse convinced Steve and I that we should be
in one of the group photos, so here's our moment
of fame with Santa and The Ellsworth family. |
 |
Steve and I stayed at the hospital for about an
hour and then we headed for Sacrament Meeting.
After church The Ellsworths arrived at our home
so we could celebrate Christmas with them.
Everyone opened gifts. Cali was
especially happy to receive "Lily." |
 |
Ashton liked his new PJ's and was enjoying
his new monster trucks and baseball tee as
well. He's a very sweet little boy. |
 |
After all the presents were opened we had a nice
Christmas dinner. Everyone was happy and in
good spirits. We enjoyed pork roast, potatoes, beans,
jello salad, french bread, and brownie sundaes. It turned
out pretty yummy if I do say so myself. |
 |
After dinner we had a pinata for the kids
to play with. Both took a number of turns
before it fell apart to reveal all kinds of
yummy candy. It was fun to watch them
having so much fun. |
After The Ellsworths left for home, Steve and I headed for Kim and Linda's house. We played a fun board game and then had crepes with yummy toppings. It was fun to be part of the Sutton family as Christmas Day came to an end. When all is said and done, Christmas is about the Savior and recognizing what His birth and life means to each of us. It is also a day to spend with family and honor those eternal relationships that are made possible through Him whose birth we celebrate this day.
2 comments:
Look at how quick you posted! Christmas looks like fun. Playing games with you was fun!
It sounds like a wonderful Christmas! See you soon!
Post a Comment