Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Little of This and a Little of That

Here's a post with a combination of items.  Julie and Jace came for a week from Washington so Julie could attend Leah Schlauder's funeral and be part of the activities surrounding the birth of the twin boys.  We didn't take too many pictures while Julie and Jace were here.  I was sick and out of commission for some of the days they were visiting.  However, we spent the first three days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, in good form attending the viewing and funeral for Leah and attending to The Ellsworths.  I know Natalie was happy to see Julie because Natalie cried when she saw Julie in the ICU at Summerlin Hospital. I definitely think the girls have strong bonds that tie them together through thick or thin.  It's nice as their mother to see the love the girls share for each other.

Julie's first look at Weston Clark Ellsworth

Here's Natalie and Julie in the ICU at
Summerlin Hospital.  Weston is in the incubator
behind the girls.

Julie and Natalie are standing by
Ben Steven Ellsworth's incubator.  I bought
matching blankets for the incubators.  It looked so
sweet to see them matching and to have
them say "we're twins" without using words.

We were hoping the arm would show just how small
this little guy really is!

Natalie's hand is inside the incubator to help us
see how small little Weston was at birth.

One day I came home to find everyone
outside our house climbing on
the plum tree.  I always think it is
cute to see the grandkids in
the tree.  It's a good size for
practicing climbing skills.

Jace had a great time.  I can't seem to
get him to look at the camera, but
he was having a lot of fun.  He kept
saying it was his turn on the ladder.
He's learning to share as is Ashton.

Jace is contemplating his next move.

I couldn't believe how high Cali could
climb.  I was wondering how strong
the branches were up that high.

There are lots of shadows, but you can see both
Jace and Cali have mastered the task of tree climbing.

After Julie and Jace left for Washington
and the week was over, I headed to the
temple to complete my last bridal attendant
assignment.  It was peaceful and a beautiful day.
As I was leaving, I decided to walk around to
the side of the temple to take a picture
of these statues.  I was there all by myself,
and it gave me a moment to contemplate
the birth of Christ and the birth of our
twin grandsons.  What a precious moment!

When Steve and I were
in Missouri over Halloween
weekend, we attended Heather
and Chad's stake conference.  The
stake president challenged everyone
to read the Book of Mormon in 90
days as a way of expressing love
toward the Savior.  Steve and I took the
challenge, and we are about 30 days into it.
We are hoping to be finished reading by
Valentine's Day; a day to show love
for those who have done so much
for us.  Christ would certainly fall
in that category!


1 comment:

Kim and Linda said...

Love the photos of your family! I am going to read the Book of Mormon this year too, I like your timeline before Valentines.